Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pad Thai (or, Why I'm not REAL white trash)

Hello all!

As you may have noticed, there have been two posts recently which were not written by me, Meg. Reema and Reema mk. 2 (aka Alex, the guy responsible for the major design revamp of this blog) have each written an introductory post, and they both feature disgusting-looking food (you both know I love you to bits). I promise I haven't developed a case of schizophrenia.

But since this is (er, was) my food blog, I'd better keep up with the Reemases. So without further ado, I give you Pad Thai a la Meg (actually, I totally stole the four-page-long recipe from Chez Pim, but shhhhh)!


Okay, so it didn't start out very glamorously. This is reconstituted tamarind... stuff. The lady at the asian grocery store didn't tell us exactly what it was, and the packaging was in some language that I am unable to read. Mom and I took pictures because we thought it looked funny. Okay, and disgusting.


Have I mentioned lately that my mom is a fantastic multi-tasker? Unlike Reemas 2 and 2, I get an awesome lady helping out in the kitchen. Here she is socializing and slicing chicken simultaneously.


Thankfully, the ugly-looking tamaring melded together with some fish sauce and a ton of brown sugar to make a very sweet and delectable coating for our Pad Thai. Now for the stirfrying!


Actually, it's very difficult to stirfry really quickly, even WITH an assistant on hand, so no pictures. But isn't it a beautiful end result?


Ta-da! Until next time, folks.

No comments: